Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray wins the Heisman trophy

The trophy is awarded each year to "most outstanding football player in the United States."
"I've worked my whole life to fulfill my goals, there's a higher power looking down on me," Murray said. "This is an honor. It's something I'll never forget and something I'll cherish for the rest of my life."
Murray, a fourth-year junior at the University of Oklahoma, is the 10th Sooner to be a Heisman finalist and seventh to win the award, according to Heisman.com. The 5-foot-10, 195-pound quarterback from Allen, Texas, leads the nation in passing efficiency with a rating of 205.72, according to the NCAA. Heisman's website states that he led Oklahoma to a Big 12 title, a 12-1 overall record and a No. 4 ranking in the College Football Playoff. Murray is also a Major League Baseball first-round pick and he signed a $4.66 million deal with the Oakland Athletics in August.
Last year's Heisman went to University of Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield. The Heisman Memorial Trophy is named in honor of longtime college football coach John W. Heisman, who was also the athletic director of the New York Downtown Athletic Club.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

from CNN.com - RSS Channel https://ift.tt/2QF3rP3

No comments:

Post a Comment