Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Alfredo Morelos handed fifth red card of the season

Morelos was red carded in the first half soon after Odsonne Edouard's well-taken goal had put Scottish Premiership leaders Celtic ahead.
In an off-the-ball incident, Morelos swung his left arm at Scott Brown to poleaxe the Celtic captain.
The 22-year-old Colombian international has scored 29 goals in all competitions this season and is the Scottish Premiership's leading scorer with 17 goals.
But Morelos' goalscoring feats have been accompanied by an incendiary temper. Sunday's game marked the fifth time this season that Morelos has been sent off, though one of his red cards was later rescinded. He has been banned for six games so far during this campaign.
"Morelos is a liability and has let Gerrard down time and again," tweeted former Celtic striker Chris Sutton, referring to the Rangers manager Steven Gerrard.
Despite their numerical disadvantage a brilliant individual goal from Ryan Kent in the second half pulled Rangers level.
In a madcap conclusion, Celtic went down to 10 men when Dedryck Boyata limped off after the home side had already used their three substitutions, before James Forrest struck late for the Premiership leaders to extend their lead over Rangers to 13 points.
Morelos (L) walks off tafter he is sent off.

'I would never change the way I am'

Before Sunday's Old Firm match, Morelos spoke openly about being a "very 'hot' player on the field."
The 22-year-old, who grew up in the Colombian town of Cerete, told Rangers TV: "I'm very passionate and I like it. I also like coming in strong, powerfully and hitting the ball hard. I would never change the way I am."
"I like playing in the air, I like clashing, I like frustrating the defence. No-one can faze me, I'm the kind of player that is always dedicated to my team, and I fight for my team."
Real Madrid defender Ramos is the most sent-off player in the history of Europe's top five leagues.
Last month Ramos picked up the 25th red card of his career during Real's 2-1 home defeat by Girona.
Morelos is the Scottish Premiership's leading goalscorer.
Last season, Morelos' Rangers teammate Ryan Jack was dismissed four times, although two of those red cards were rescinded.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

from CNN.com - RSS Channel https://ift.tt/2YE2MhZ

No comments:

Post a Comment