Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Wendy Williams' husband out as executive producer of her talk show amid divorce

The "Wendy Williams Show" announced on Thursday that it is parting ways with Hunter, who served as an executive producer on the show.
"Kevin Hunter is no longer an Executive Producer on the Wendy Williams Show. Debmar-Mercury wishes him well in his future endeavors," a spokesperson from the show told CNN in a statement.
"It's crazy 'cause now my business is your business," Williams said. "It's kind of funny. Turnabout's a fair game, I get it. ... You wear a different mask when you're out here," she said. "Everybody has things in their life that they're embarrassed to share with the world, or they're frightened to share with the world, or they're not ready to share with the world. Addressing my sobriety, my addiction, head-on has really helped me sort out every single compartment of my life."
She also added that she wants to create a "whole new life" for her and her 19-year-old son, Kevin Jr.
"I have a commitment to me and my son to come out of here better, stronger and faster than ever," Williams added.
Hunter released a statement to CNN just hours before the news of his departure.
"28 years ago I met an amazing woman: Wendy Williams. At the time, I didn't realize that she would not only become my wife, but would also change the face of entertainment and the world. I have dedicated most of our lives to the business empire that is Wendy Williams Hunter, a person that I truly love and respect unconditionally."
Williams returned to her show in March after a two-month hiatus to focus on her health. Upon her return she revealed she had been living in a sober house and focusing on getting help with her addiction issues.
CNN has reached out to Williams' representative for comment.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

from CNN.com - RSS Channel https://cnn.it/2UneASs

No comments:

Post a Comment